Sunday, January 15, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Time to get back on track... I realize it's been over a month since I last updated here, but in that time I've been overseas and working on an entirely different game. (Man's Best Friend, released here. Now that I'm back someplace with a stable internet connection and not much to do, it's time for Snowbound.

Mostly I've been thinking through the engine and plot changes and trying to decide which to tackle first. I'd really like to have something functional to test art/music assets, and that would lean towards engine coming first. As I still haven't made all the planning necessary for the revision of the introduction, I'll probably first be converting all the JS scripts to ONscripter format. Though I've looked through the doc, I still haven't used the scripting language before so it might take longer than I'd like. However, ONscripter's mobile support and other features are good enough where it's certainly worth it.

Lastly, towards the end of December I demoed what exists of Snowbound at Brown University through the New Media Writing program. Because of limits with voice actors and the engine, it really wasn't so much a demo of Snowbound so much as a VN that resembles it... All the characters and personalities are swapped around and this scenario doesn't exist, but it's still worth a look for the interested, and it's available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment